Saturday 14 April 2012

M: Mondulkiri with it's Waterfalls


Mondulkiri is located  eastern border with Cambodia and Vietnam. The scenery and the climate are quite unlike anywhere else in Cambodia. In dry season the weather is  hot with sunshine and during their summer the weather maximum between 27-31ºC.  The hills are covered in grass and you will see pine trees clumped together against the winds. The night temperature can drop considerably and  it can get quite chilly.  It is a hilly and forested area and home of the Phnong people. Its low density population (three inhabitants/km2) coupled with the road situation make it a remote and isolated area with various consequences for access to health care.


The Monorom Waterfall is perfectly located in Deum Sral Village,in the Sèn Monorom District; 5 km away from the main town. It can be accessed by road. There are industrial plantations like rubber, coffee, and cashew nuts on either side of the road.  There are around 277 families living in the Monorom area and their main occupations are farming. Its main points of interest are a spectacular waterfall, dramatic mountainous forest, and fresh air.

The Monorom Waterfall is known by two names, firstly Monorom Waterfall and also “Damnak Sdéch Waterfall” which is located 300-400 m away from the Preah Norodom Sihanouk’s pavilion which was founded between 1960 -1962.

Mondulkiri is located in the north-east of Cambodia bordering Vietnam. Mondulkiri province consists of numerous waterfalls, indigenous culture, national parks and elephant trekking.






9 comments:

  1. Look forward to the rest of your challenge run…can’t believe we’ve had 14 days already!
    --Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2012

    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to visit that part of the world sometime. I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month. You can see mine at myqualityday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenni .. interesting the crops they're growing - all for the western world .. rubber, cashews, and coffee ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of my mail is going into spam,

      I cant think why that is happening. Thanks for the comment. I would enjoy the cashews and the coffee. lol

      Delete
  4. @ Damyanti - Thanks for your kind words, I hope all goes well for you too!

    @ Sharkbytes - Welcome to my blog. I hope you do then. I would love to go back out there and see a little of Vietnam also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful picture! New follower here. I’m enjoying reading my fellow “A to Z”ers. I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sylvia, Thank you for your kind words. I shall pop along and see you in a little while. Just put the kettle on.

      Lovely to meet you!

      Delete
  6. I've never been to that part of the world, so I like the photos you post. I'm now following, nice to meet you!

    I've here to thank you for following one of my blogs and because your blog title intrigued me. I'm always looking for more info on real spices and herbs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi DG Hudson

    Thanks for coming to my little blog. Glad you found something interesting.

    Well I have yet to start on the spices but you just never know! Lol!

    Ditto!

    ReplyDelete