Wednesday 29 February 2012

Twitter & Friends

I moved down to Newcastle with my partner as we had great plans to open a shop and run it together and travel. Due to the recession and lack of work, loss financially, I found myself on my own and homeless. I couldn't get work and my savings took a great hammering.


I decided to run my flower business albeit from a warehouse. I knew I would not be able to rely on passing trade, therefore I set to work reclaiming my website and running it together with the Internet. My idea was to create a form of advertising by the aid of social media, twitter and facebook and google+. This is an area I have never tried myself.


When I first joined twitter I could not make head nor tail of it. It has taken me awhile to feel confident enough to make short comments. Despite feeling inadequate at the same time. To begin with I was afraid of looking foolish but I took the bit between my teeth, closed my eyes and jumped in. Since that jump I seem to be making progress albeit a little slower than I'd like to admit. I have made mistakes but have managed to correct most except one or two and I can neither find help nor anyway to resolve them.


Finally I would like to say "Thank goodness for friends" for without a particular friend who has persistently encouraged me in the areas of the Internet, twitter, facebook. She has helped me find the right people to help with my blog.  I would like to say "Thanks Denise!  "I am truly grateful!



    

No comments:

Post a Comment